Quick Start Evolve Tutorial
Please note, although this example is insurance based, Evolve has been developed to cater for any scenario where Excel is used.
This tutorial will take you through the process of creating an example motor quote for a fictional customer. You will download a copy of the spreadsheet, apply additional fields and subsequently upload the new version of the spreadsheet where you can view the new fields. What would take months and £100's of £1000's of pounds on other systems, you can do yourself in under 5 minutes.
Please follow these steps to build your own solution:
- Register for an Evolve account
- Validate your email and Log in to your workspace
- Click 'Create New' on the 'Example Premium Calculator' section to view the html representation of the example spreadsheet
- Give the Instance a name and click 'Save'
- Return to the dashboard. Your saved instance will be listed under 'Example Premium Calculator v1'
Creating your own spreadsheet to upload...
- On the dashboard, click on the 'Properties' tab
- Now click Download to download the Excel Template to your PC. Open the downloaded spreadsheet.
Download the Excel-Evolve Add On (click to download)
Evolve-Excel Add On
- Double click the downloaded file to install it to an open Excel Spreadsheet (you may receive a warning when installing, it is safe to continue)
Using the Evolve rules update the spreadsheet to include a Title, Middle Initial and double cost of the premium...
- In 'Customer Details' tab, cell A4, replace the contents with '=EVOLVE_Pair(D4,E4)'
- In 'Customer Details' tab, cell A6, replace the contents with '=EVOLVE_Pair(D6,E6)'
- In 'Calculations' tab update cell F8 to add '*2' to the end of the existing calculation (i.e. to double the premium).
- Save the file with your changes
Within your secure workspace, upload your new spreadsheet...
- Click on 'Upload Spreadsheet' on the left menu
- Leave the checkbox blank indicating if you would like Snapwire to apply the rules for you
- Drag and drop your Excel document from your PC folder in to the area provided in the website
- Check the box to confirm you are happy for Snapwire to convert your document
- Click the Upload button
- Your uploaded spreadsheet will now appear on the Dashboard
- Click 'Create New' to view the Html version and create your first instance
Snapwire will convert your spreadsheet for FREE. Simply register and upload your spreadsheet, we'll then apply the Evolve conversion rules for you.